1. Technical Officer
2. General Assistant
ELECTRICITY COMMISSION invites applicants to apply to the following positions by Friday 14th June 2019:
- Technical Officer
- General Assistant
- do electrical inspections of all electrical jobs submitted by the Electrical Contractors;
- review all electrical permit application especially the electrical map, load, protection device, general arrangement of electrical installation circuits and wiring sizing according to the specification;
- process and calculate the permit fee before issuing the work permit;
- prepare a written report for all accidental and electrical hazards that caused a problem to a premises and human;
- ensure inspection report is completed and accurate, and maintain in a manner to facilitate efficient retrieval;
- knowledge of safety regulation and familiar with AS/NZS 3000/2007 wiring rules;
- execute the specific inspections on installation activities on site;
- advise and provide necessary safety issue to public;
- write up defected reports and recommendations for improvement;
- perform other duties as assigned by head of department.
Requirement (minimum) : must be a Registered Electrician from a recognised Technical Institute, or Holder of a current Licensed Electrical Contractor in the Kingdom of Tonga; Minimum of 5 years working experience; valid driving license.
- ensure the cleanliness, tidiness and neatness of the whole office building, including furniture, fittings and fixtures contained therein;
- ensure the cleanliness, tidiness and neatness of the external facade of the office building, yard, parking area and surrounding verges;
- weed the planted garden area; re-plant appropriately as required from time to time; cut grass and prune shrubbery; and ensure that the whole garden area remains tidy, neat and visually attractive;.
- delivery, messenger and driving duties as directed by the CEO;
- security duties as directed by the CEO;
- such further or other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the CEO.
All applications must be received no later than Friday 5:00pm, 14th June, 2019.
All interested applicants are required to submit their application(s) with the following relevant supporting documents (CV, certified transcripts and certificates, clean police record and at least 2 referees) to be addressed to : -
Tonga Electricity Commission
P. O. Box 23
Kingdom of Tonga
For those who may prefer sending their applications online – please address applications to the above address and email to : -
feletiola [at] gmail [dot] com
cc : m [dot] folau [at] electricitycommission [dot] to or call 871 7768 for more information.