Government of Tonga
Public Service Commission
One (1) Part time Commissioner
The Government of Tonga’s strategic vision for the future delivery of public services is aimed at streamlining its organizational platform to better deliver more efficient and effective public services for the people of Tonga. To help achieve this aim, the Government of Tonga seeks to appoint one (1) Part time Commissioner for the Public Service Commission.
The Public Service Commission acts as the adviser to Government on the management of the Public Service and is further tasked with overseeing the development of guidelines, frameworks, policies and standards to ensure that the public service operates in a transparent, consistent and robust manner. The Commission is also responsible for providing leadership in the strategic management of the public service workforce, oversight and evaluation of a continuing process of public service reform within the Kingdom.
The Part time Commissioner will be responsible to the Prime Minister and to the Chairman of the Commission in performing the Public Service Commission mandates in accordance with the Public Service Act.
Specifically the purpose of the role is to;
Assist the Chairman of the Commission in overseeing the implementation of public employment policies, principles and performance of the Public Service. The role will be integral in overseeing a productive and sustainable Public Service as Tonga continues its path towards Public Sector Reform.
Experience and Qualification
- A Tertiary educational qualification relevant to the position with 10 or more years of leadership and executive management experience in the Public Sector and/or the Private Sector AND
- Proven expertise in strategic Human Resource management at the executive level, and in the development of Legal and Policy frameworks for the public and/or private sector.
How to Apply:-
Applicants who are interested in applying for the position advertised should request an Application Information Kit. An Application Information Kit can be obtained by contacting the Public Service Commission Ofﬁce on +676 25-770, or email ceoopportunity [at] psc [dot] gov [dot] to
- Applicants should refer to the Application Information Kit in preparing an application, ensuring that all requirements are satisfied. Incomplete documentation may prevent proper consideration of the application.
- Applications should be forwarded to the following address by 4:30pm on Monday 08 April, 2019
Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 46
- Given the brevity of time, signed emailed applications will be acceptable. Email applications should be forwarded to ceoopportunity [at] psc [dot] gov [dot] to by the closing date (i.e. Monday 08 April, 2019).