CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Administration and Finance Officer
|JOB TITLE:||Administration and Finance Officer (Tonga nationals only)|
|CONTRACT TYPE:||National Project Personnel|
|DUTY STATION:||Nuku’alofa, Tonga|
|DURATION:||1 year, renewable|
|Deadline for Application:||22nd February 2019|
The Administrative and Finance Officer will be part of the Project Management Unit (PMU) and will report to the National Project Manager (NPM). He/She will provide administrative and operational support to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project, for timely delivery of its outcomes and outputs.
The Administration and Finance Officer will provide administrative support for the GEF funded project GCP/TON/001/GFF – ‘Integrated Land and Agro-ecosystem Management Systems (ILAMS) for Tonga’.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and timely implementation of project activities in support of the results-based work plan, through operational and administrative procedures according to FAO rules and standards;
- Coordinate the project operational arrangements, through contractual agreements with key project partners;
- Arrange the operations needed for signing and executing Letters of Agreement (LoA) and Government Cooperation Programme (GCP) agreements with relevant project partners;
- Maintain inter-departmental linkages with FAO units for donor liaison, Finance, Human Resources, and other units as required;
- Undertake day-to-day management of the project budget, including the monitoring of cash availability, budget preparation and budget revisions to be reviewed by the National Project Manager;
- Ensure the accurate recording of all data relevant for operational, financial and results-based monitoring;
- Ensure that relevant reports on expenditures, forecasts, progress against work plans, project closure, are prepared and submitted in accordance with FAO and GEF defined procedures and reporting formats, schedules and communications channels, as required;
- Execute accurate and timely actions on all operational requirements for personnel-related matters, equipment and material procurement, and field disbursements;
- Participate and represent the project in collaborative meetings with project partners and the Project Steering Committee, as required;
- Be responsible for results achieved within his/her area of work and ensure issues affecting project delivery and success are brought to the attention of higher level authorities through the NPM in a timely manner,
- In consultation with the FAO Evaluation Office, the LTU, and the FAO-GEF Coordination Unit, support the organization of the mid-term and final evaluations, and provide inputs regarding project budgetary matters
- Assist the co-ordination of project meetings and training activities;
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the NPM, for the successful execution of the project.
- University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related fields.
- Three years of experience in project management/administration of development programmes including the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and operations procedures.
- Knowledge of FAO systems, policies and project management systems is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills in Tongan and English, and strong computer, report writing, and presentation skills.
- A valid driver’s license accompanied by a willingness and ability to travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a application letter and Curriculum vitae by email to: Sapta [at] fao [dot] org with copy to Viera [dot] bowe [at] fao [dot] org
For more information contact Marilyn Maka on telephone number 24522.