Vava'u Branch Manager
Tonga Power Limited Vava'u Office
We have an amazing and extremely rare opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Branch Manager to lead our exciting Vava’u Branch.
Tonga Power Limited is a public enterprise responsible for the generation, distribution and supply of electricity to consumers in Tonga.
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of Vava’u Branch Manager with the Tonga Power Limited.
The Vava’u Branch Manager is responsible for leading and directing branch operations; ensuring quality customer service, employee growth and development, and achievement of assigned metrics and goals while serving as a liaison officer between the Vava’u branch and corporate departments. In addition, the successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing daily operations, providing guidance and participating in daily operational and sales activities to achieve objectives.
The Vava’u Branch Manager will report directly to the Financial Controller at the Tongatapu Head Office of Tonga Power Limited.
To be considered for this position, the applicant must have:
- at least a Diploma (an advantage if it’s a Degree) in Accounting, Finance or related field, but not essential;
- at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in a successful management or leadership role;
- be fluent in both English and Tongan;
- effective communicator with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- excellent computer skills, strategic thinker and an expertise in meeting targets and reporting;
- knowledge of the power industry is highly advantageous;
- high level of honesty and integrity, trustworthy with professional work ethics.
- self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure, a fast learner and goal oriented;
- possess positive attitude to develop and maintain effective business relationships with customers, employees and retail partners.
The applicant must reside and live in Vava’u.
Please submit your application (a cover letter) in English expressing your interest in the proposed work, enclosing your Resume, certified academic transcripts/copies of certificates, police clearance report, three references and one of them from your current work supervisor or Manager. An attractive salary will be on offer to the right/successful candidate.
The Job Description will be available upon request. Please send your application either by email to vacancy [at] tongapower [dot] to or deliver in person to our main office at Nuku’alofa or Tonga Power Limited Vava’u Office, marked “VACANCY” and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Tonga Power Limited
P.O. Box 429
All enquiries must be made to mobile number 78-63205 or 78-63214 during the working hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 17 January 2019. Applicants that are considered will be interviewed.