for one of Tonga's Largest Retail Operations
Grab a hands-on role in a large retail business in Tonga and be part of the team behind a safe, successful yard that is expanding threefold.
A. Join an industry leader and work with quality building materials
B. Bring your talents to a team that strives to be the best
C. Bring you experience and leadership to grow opportunities with a Top Tongan employer
At PTH we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. We are a top employer that looks after our people and empowers them to look after our business and our loyal customer base.
To develop and manage their yard team and to provide the highest levels of customer service, in order to maximize the sales and profitability of the Branch and to assist with the general every day running of the business. Reporting to the Branch Manager for Tonga.
Once joining our family as a Yard Manager, you will help customers choose from a huge range of high quality products including timber and bricks.
You will be trained in our ways of working to fulfil orders. The key thing is to be helpful and friendly the perfect assistant for customers that you will likely get to know by name. When they have made their choice, you will help them make the purchase, fetching the goods with a forklift if necessary. Safety is a priority and youll make sure that standards never slip.
- Assist where required including Trade Counter, Office and Yard areas.
- Ensure all Monthly Customer Service KPI’s are reviewed and Standards maintained and improved
- Support, Recruit, Motivate, Appraise, Coach, Develop and help raise the performance standards of the Branch Team
- Assist with the responsibility for Branch Standards and upkeep of the site
- Reporting of all incidents including Health & Safety and Environmental
- Build both supplier and customer relationships to improve the sales and margin capability of the Depot.
- Logistics / deliveries / transport
- Stock Control
- Ensure key tasks are prioritized and reorganized, if needed, to meet frequently changing deadlines/demands.
The kind of person we need:
You’ll have experience in a managerial role and an understanding of operating mechanical handling equipment. On top of excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, you’ll also need a great attitude towards our health and safety requirements together with:
- Isn’t afraid of hard work or going the extra mile
- Will give nothing less than firstclass customer service
- Loves being part of a friendly, motivated team
- Has a forklift licence
In return, you’ll have every opportunity to drive your career forward within a large and expanding business with deep local roots and strong family values.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Timber & Building Product knowledge (Essential)
- Customer Focused
- Problem Solving
- PC Literate - Familiar with Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Multi-tasking – Ability to lead from the front, with a hands on approach
- Experience of Team Building
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Administration Skills
- Experience of working in a pressurized environment
- Proven Sales and Customer Service background
- Leadership skills in a sales environment
- Commercial Awareness
- Ability to make decisions
All enquiries please to:
Human Resources Manager
Meleane [dot] Lavakeiaho [at] pacificretail [dot] to