CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Friendly Island Shipping Agency Limited (FISA) is a Public Enterprise wholly owned by the Government of Tonga. FISA operates a regular shipping service for both passengers and cargo throughout the Kingdom of Tonga, focusing on service, safety and strengthening our operations to add value to the community within which we operate.
FISA is changing to meet the demands of its customers and we are looking for a dynamic and inspiring leader who will guide the organisation to achieve its Vision and direction set by FISA’s Board of Directors.
If you have the following skills, experience and attributes, and a passion to make a difference for the people of Tonga, we would love to hear from you:
- An inspirational leader who can motivate and lead staff to deliver on FISA’s Vision and its direction.
- Proven ability to lead the development and implementation of FISA’s strategic objectives, working with the senior management team, and reporting to the Board of Directors.
- A confident communicator with the proven ability to effectively build and maintain a range of stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated professional integrity coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude to achieve continuous improvement in FISA’s service and operations.
- A genuine desire and ability to lead an organisational culture of ‘safety first’ in both onshore and shipping operations.
- Capacity to ensure FISA’s compliance with internal processes and policies, and with the external and legislative requirements of a shipping operation.
- Proven ability to proactively manage conflict, stress and crisis situations relating to the operations of the organisation.
- Knowledge of, or experience in shipping operations or a similar industry, would be an advantage.
A copy of the job specification can be requested by contacting FISA at jspencer [at] fisa [dot] to or from our office at the Queen Salote Wharf, Nuku’alofa.
Applications outlining your experience, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of testimonials, and a minimum of 3 references, must be received at the address below by 4.00pm Friday 16th November 2018, or via email to jpsencer [at] fisa [dot] to.
Application for FISA CEO
Chairperson, FISA Board of Directors
FISA Office, Queen Salote Wharf