1. Senior Operation Officer
2. Assistant Operator
Ports Authority Tonga is seeking to recruit competent, committed, self motivated and enthusiastic candidates for the following positions under their Operation Department. Please note that those who have applied need not re-apply.
1. Senior Operation Officer (Re-advertised)
The Senior Operation Officer will be responsible for:
- Supervising operations including the loading and unloading of cargo vessels and daily normal operations.
- Plan, lead and organize operations staff to ensure the availability of staff for operation whenever required.
- Plan the delivery and storage of cargo to ensure safe and secure storage and compliance with local and international regulatory requirement.
- Collect, summarize and analyze data to provide reliable and relevant information for decision making.
- Prepare operation department reports.
The Senior Operation Officer will be remunerated at Level 4 of the Ports Authority salary scale.
Qualification required is a degree in Port Management, Operation Management or related field from a recognized institution with at least 5-years experience or a diploma in operation management or related field with at least 10 years’ experience in port management.
2. Assistant Operator (Re-advertised)
The Assistant Operator will be responsible for:
- Movement of cargo from ship side to stacking area and from stacking area to ship side.
- Movement of cargo to inspection area.
- Movement of cargo inside the warehouse.
- Assist with the tallying of ship and its loading and unloading.
The Assistant Operator will be remunerated at level 10 of the Ports Authority Salary Scale.
Minimum Qualification required will be a diploma from a recognized institution or 2 years working experience in the field of cargo operation.
Previous applicants for both posts need not apply.
Interested candidates shall apply no later than Friday 16th November 2018. All applications should include CV’s, copy of academic transcript, references and a copy of your valid driver’s license. All applications should clearly indicate the post you are applying for and addressed to the:
General Manager (CEO)
Ports Authority Tonga
For further information, please contact the Manager Corporate Services on 23-168, or email mlavemaau [at] portsauthoritytonga [dot] com.