Tonga Post Limited has an opening for a skilled, motivated and committed person who is interested in working and contributing to the development of the Postal Services in the Kingdom of Tonga. We are seeking people with a high sense of self-discipline, pro-active with high drive for results, demonstrable teamwork, and good self-awareness. In this role, you will be working with Management to provide professional accounting services to the company and key stakeholders.
Job Profile: The Accountant, under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for directing and supervising the finance functions, including general ledger maintenance and financial analysis, cost accounting, and statutory reporting. The Accountant ensures financial deliverables and expectations are met on a daily basis and that there is total and complete transparency and integrity in the affairs of the company to achieve its strategic objectives in accordance with local and international accounting procedures.
Major tasks to be accomplished includes but is not limited to:
- Reconciliation of all relevant general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Fiduciary responsibility of funds and assets. Responsible for closely monitoring the cash balance of all accounts in the banks and other accounts. Oversee control against Petty Cash Funds, disbursement, recording and accounting. Also ensure closing/liquidation of the accounts in timely manner.
- Monitor and update Assets acquisition and register.
- Compliance with all financial and operational systems and procedures: assist Management by reviewing and checking all transactions to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, Tonga Post Finance Policies and Procedures, International Mail Accounting Policies, and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Monitor all tax statutory requirement and submissions to make sure they are carried out on time.
- Timely accounting and financial reports: Ensure that monthly accounts are accurate and are submitted on time.
- Direct, train, supervise and assist in appraising Finance staff on Financial matters.
- Make appropriate best practice recommendation to management in order to strengthen business controls, improve operations, and optimize resource allocation.
- Executes strategic plans and contributes to corporate strategic planning.
- Supervise administration and execution of key corporate responsibilities.
Qualification and Competencies:
- At least Diploma in accounting, business administration, and/or financial management.
- At least five years in a senior & responsible accounting position in a commercial environment with relevant accounting work experience.
- Must be thoroughly literate in QuickBooks and MYOB Accounting packages, and experience with databases would be an advantage.
- Good analytical and organizational skills and ability to work independently and effectively within a team is highly regarded.
- Ability to speak Tongan and English fluently would be an advantage.
Remuneration: An attractive package will be offered to the most suitable candidate.
Please email your application clearly marked ‘Application for Accountant Vacancy’ with your Cover letter, CV and educational transcripts by 4:00pm Friday 30th November 2018 to:
Chief Executive Officer
Tonga Post Ltd
Email: admin [at] tongapost [dot] to or hand-delivered to Tonga Post Ltd, Vaha’akolo Road, Vaololoa.
For any related queries, please contact Alipate Tavo on +676 21700 or email atavo [at] tongapost [dot] to.