Senior Electrical Engineer and Junior Engineer
Tonga Power Limited is a public enterprise responsible for the generation, distribution and supply of electricity to consumers in Tonga.
Applicants are invited to apply for the positions of Senior Electrical Engineer and Junior Engineer with Tonga Power Limited. These Engineers will report direct to the Engineering Manager.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for undertaking electrical engineering analysis to support strategic and operational works of TPL departments while the Junior Engineer will provide technical support to strategic and operational works focusing on delivering customer solutions.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will assist with the development of renewable energy projects and advanced metering infrastructure, determining energy storage and distribution equipment specifications for TPL grids as well as ensuring that generation standards are maintained. This includes the driving of SCADA development and integration for generating equipment on all TPL grids, power flow analysis for network design and planning and providing troubleshooting support to distribution operations for fault and unusual network events.
The Junior Engineer will assist the Manager and the Senior Electrical Engineer with the identification of site specific requirements for the development of renewable energy projects. This includes providing administrative support in terms of data collation and input, permitting and approvals for generation project implementation, liaising with customers, updating construction manuals as well as maintaining equipment and developing design drawings.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Be experienced, preferably with more than five years’ experience in a similar role with at least two years in electrical design, control engineering and load flow analysis;
- Possess at least a Bachelor Level Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline;
- Have excellent knowledge of SCADA development and management, information and communication technologies;
- Be highly computer literate with excellent investigative, problem solving and research skills;
- Have excellent attention to details and writing skills, interpersonal and communication skills, methodical and conscientious with effective, objective and timely decision making and superior planning skills;
As a Junior Engineer, you will:
- Possess a Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or design drawing, electrical wiring and equipment maintenance;
- Have electricity supply industry and electrical technician experience;
- Be highly computer literate with excellent customer service and data management skills, and a high level of knowledge of mechanical and electrical standards.
- Possess excellent investigative, problem solving and research skills;
- Have excellent attention to details and writing skills with effective, objective and timely decision making.
Both position holders are expected to have excellent supplier management and regulatory experience, as well as high levels of initiative, motivation and professionalism.
For further information and a copy of the job description please contact our Human Resources Division on 7720003 or email vacancy [at] tongapower [dot] to. Please submit your application (a cover letter) in English expressing your interest in the proposed work, enclosing your Resume, certified academic transcripts/copies of certificates, at least three references and one of them from your current work supervisor if applicable. An attractive salary will be on offer to the right/successful candidate.
Applications must be submitted by close of business on Friday, 17 August 2018 to the above email address, or deliver direct to our main office at Nuku’alofa, marked “VACANCY” and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Tonga Power Limited
P.O. Box 429
Applicants that are considered will be interviewed.