Job Vacancy at the Electricity Commission
- To head the administration of the ELECTRICITY COMMISSION in accordance with its legislative powers and obligations under the Electricity Act.
- To act as Chief Executive of the Commission and in that capacity to carry out all functions normally assigned to a CEO.
- To act as Chief Electricity-tariff Regulator of the Commission in accordance with the law and policy directions of the Commission.
- To act as Authority for all licensing powers vested in the Commission.
- The administer the Enforcement powers of the Commission under the current or future concession contracts.
- To provide Leadership to the Commission in the performance of its duties and responsibilities.
- To act as Coordinator with the Government; Foreign agencies and instrumentalities; and the Commission’s own professional and strategic advisors.
Minimum Academic qualification
- Have tertiary qualification from a recognized university or institute in the field of Electrical Engineering/ Utility Regulatory/ Business Administration or such relevant qualifications
Minimum Professional qualification
- Registration with a professional institution or government body in NZ or Australia as an Electrical Engineer or in a profession relevant to the functions & powers of the Electricity Commission as set out in section 4 of the Electricity Act or such relevant professional qualifications.
- Have demonstrated ability to prioritize and set challenging goals and plan the /or in a team environment.
- Have demonstrated ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives within timeframe and budget.
- Have minimum ten years in senior business management position. Working abroad or for a multinational company or any other professional institute relevant to the Electricity Commission’s functions would be an advantage.
- Have minimum ten years’ experience in the electricity utilization industry, any other utility industry, Business Administration or any other profession relevant to the functions & powers of the Electricity Commission.
- Have minimum five years’ experience in a senior electrical engineering position in an electricity supply company would be an advantage.
- Have experience implementing a business quality management system would be an advantage.
- Having experience in design and installation of a photo-voltaic (solar) generating system would be an advantage
- Have experience in fuel-oil pricing would be an advantage .
A remuneration package will be determined based on the successful applicants experience and qualifications.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of recent and relevant testimonials (minimum three) are to be forwarded to the address below by close of business on 31 July, 2018.
The Chairman, Tonga Electricity Commission, P.O.Box 23, Nuku'alofa, Kingdom of Tonga.
For those who may prefer sending their applications online – please address application to the above address and email to:
feletiola [at] gmail [dot] com CC m [dot] folau [at] electricitycommission [dot] to