MINISTRY OF METEOROLOGY, ENERGY, INFORMATION, DISASTER MANAGEMENT, ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE AND COMMUNICATIONS (MEIDECC)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consulting Services – Firms Selection
Pacific Resilience Program
Credit No: IDA 56890
Grant No.: IDA D0780;
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Infrastructure Damage Assessment, School Assessment, Engineering Design, Drawing, Specification, BOQ, Market Survey, and Construction Supervision
Reference No.: PREP-CER-S1
The Kingdom of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the Pacific Resilience Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Assessment of physical infrastructure in Tongatapu, ‘Eua and Vava’u, including damage to schools in Tongatapu and ‘Eua from Tropical Cyclone Gita
- Environmental, and social risk screening/assessment (including asbestos) and preparation of relevant environmental and social instruments (i.e. ESIA and ESMP).
- Prepare and certify engineering designs, drawings, specifications, and BOQ for repair, retrofit or reconstruction of the infrastructure (to be informed by standard classroom designs).
- Assist in prioritization and prepare bidding documents for multiple works packages
- Evaluate proposals and prepare evaluation reports
- Conduct market survey to determine appropriate size of procurement package(s) and the extent of competition.
- Construction supervision and works contract administration (including environmental and social safeguards monitoring).
- Build the technical capacity of local personnel and National Consultants to better assess, manage and maintain school infrastructure (Stages 1 and 2).
The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Communication and Climate Change (MEIDECC) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of structural engineering and design. Demonstrated experience in retrofitting of existing structures is highly desirable
- Capacity and resources to undertake Stage 1 of the scope of work in a short timeframe – the first works package to be issued for tender within and estimated 2 months of contract signing
- Proven experience in developing construction and bidding documents
- Demonstrated experience managing works implementation, including supervision of construction activities, developing and monitoring effective QA programs and contractual financial management processes
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the Pacific and or other developing country contexts
- Experience developing and integrating capacity and knowledge transfer programs throughout project delivery;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 24th April 2018.
Mr. Paula Ma’u
The Chief Executive Officer,
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
P. O. Box 1380
1st Floor OG Sanft Building
Tel: (676) 23-160 or 28-170
E-mail: paulm [at] mic [dot] gov [dot] to
And copy to:
PREP Project Management Unit
Lilika Fifita – Procurement Officer
Email: lika_fifita [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au