The World Health Organization (WHO) is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a secretary for the WHO office in the Kingdom of Tonga. The secretary will provide secretarial and clerical support to the WHO Tonga office based in the Ministry of Health Administrative Building at Viola Hospital.
- To assist in the receipt and dispatch of office emails and other communications; maintains appropriate records and assist in the photocopying of documents when needed;
- Assist in opening, organizing, maintaining and searching general and project files with an appropriate system for following-up;
- Assist in Global Management System (GSM) transactions, especially in work plan management, goods procurement, travel request creation, maintenance of the connection and operation of GSM in the office, etc.;
- Provide assistance in maintaining and updating office supplies and equipment inventories;
- Assist in various clearance procedures (e.g., customs, visitors, etc.);
- Assist in the development of correspondence, documents, reports, statements, forms, tables, and other documents;
- Assist in the finalization and dispatch of outgoing communications, including in-country and international mail, pouches, clearance documents, etc.;
- Maintain good working relationships with Government of Tonga, and collaborate in the planning and implementation of various activities; and
- To perform other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
The successful applicant will primarily work under the direction of, and will report to, the head of the WHO Tonga office.
Educational and experience requirements:
- Form 6 (high school diploma equivalency);
- At least 3 years’ experience carrying out secretarial and/or clerical duties;
- Experience working in the Kingdom of Tonga;
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Tongan.
Details of the proposed position:
- Salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience;
- Duration of position: Five-and-a-half-months, with potential to renew (subject to performance and funding);
- The person will be provided office space and necessary office equipment in the Tonga WHO Office.
Timing of Appointment:
This position will remain open until 17:00 (5:00pm) (Tonga-time) on 23 April 2018.
Applicants interested in interviewing for this position should submit a cover letter and resume / CV in person, by mail, or email to the following address:
Dr Yutaro Setoya
World Health Organization
Ministry of Health Administration Bldg
Email: setoyay [at] who [dot] int