TONGA NATIONAL CENTRE FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN
Economic Empowerment Officer
The Tonga National Centre for Women and Children, invites applicants for the Position of Economic Empowerment Officer (Supporting women in Small Businesses) in its office at Halaleva.
Post Title : Economic Empowerment Officer (Supporting Women in Small Businesses)
Job Purpose : To ensure that the TNCWC Economic Empowerment Program for Women and Girls achieved its objective through effective logistics, coordination, and timely implementation of relevant activities in line with the established work plan.
- At least one year (1) experience working with women’s groups, women’s small businesses, handicraft, economic empowerment programs/projects, including small business planning & management and financial literacy or household budgeting training.
- Strong understanding of gender issues and commitment to women’s rights.
- Ensuring economic empowerment activities are implemented in line with established work plans and technical approaches.
- Minimum academic qualification having successfully achieved the Seventh Form Certificate.
- Experience working with community or women’s groups preferred.
- Strong communication and inter personal skills; able to work in a team.
- Good working knowledge of standard computing software.
All applications must be accompanied by Curriculum Vitae, two reference letters (including one from current employer) and certified copies of any academic transcripts.
Applications to be addressed to the Coordinator, Tonga National Centre for Women and Children, Bypass Rd, Halaleva, Tongatapu and to be received no later than 4pm Thursday 29 March 2018.
For further clarification or to obtain a copy of the Job Description, please contact email tncwcinfo [at] gmail [dot] com or call 26 567.