MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consulting Services – Firms Selection
Name of Project: Tonga Climate Resilience Transport Project (TCRTP)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: N/A
Assignment Title: Design, Procurement and Supervision Services: Resurfacing of Runway at Salote Pilolevu Airport, Ha’apai, Tonga.
Reference No.: MOI/TCRTP/CF-08
The Government of Tonga intends to apply for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga Climate Resilience Transport Project (TCRTP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) comprises one major task – Airport Pavements.
This task is structured in three phases:
- Phase 1 - Design Phase: This will involve preparation of designs and detailed engineering specifications and associated documentation necessary to support procurement according to World Bank guidelines.
- Phase 2 - Procurement Phase: Preparation of the necessary bidding documents according to World Bank guidelines suitable for tender release. This will also involve providing technical support during the bidding process and involvement during tender evaluation and contract award stages.
- Phase 3 - Project Management Phase/Construction supervision: Supervision of civil works, including ensuring compliance with the Contract, safeguards and other requirements.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
Tonga Airport Limited (TAL) is the implementing agency now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least 10 years’ experience as a consulting firm undertaking airport pavement rehabilitation designs, airport planning design (upgrades and maintenance), project management of associated civil works;
- At least 3 similar assignments in the last 5 years, with detailed description of the services;
- Calibre of Firm’s own key staff; and
- Experience of similar work in Pacific Region, small island environmental or developing countries.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations (World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0830 to 1630 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by e-mail by March 30, 2018 and should be clearly marked: “TAL/TCRTP/CF-08 – Design, procurement and Supervision Services: Resurfacing of Runway at Salote Pilolevu Airport, Ha’apai, Tonga”.
Ministry of Infrastructure
Attn: Sila Va’Enuku, Procurement Officer TSCP/TCIRCRP
Bypass Road, Vaololoa, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Tel: +676 22 712
E-mail: svaEnuku [at] tscp [dot] to