You are here

Results for electrocution

Friday 11 August 2017

Nuku'alofa, Tonga
A 49-year-old man from Kolomotu’a has been charged with manslaughter over the death of Isileli Palu (36), who was electrocuted while erecting tents at a family home in Kolomotu’a last week. Isileli, a New Zealand citizen, was visiting Tonga to attend his father’s funeral and was helping out with preparations.
Node is premium Premium content
Friday 4 August 2017
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
A 36-year-old man died on Thursday night, August 3 at Kolomotu’a when he was electrocuted outside his home as they were getting tents ready for his father’s funeral.
Node is premium Premium content
Tuesday 21 March 2017
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
A 23-year-old man died on Monday afternoon, March 20 at Havelu when he was electrocuted while getting breadfruit using an iron rod, which swung and hit a power line.
Node is premium Premium content
Thursday 9 March 2017
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
A 51-year-old man died from electrocution at his home in Ha’atu’a in ‘Eua on Monday, March 6 while doing laundry.
Node is premium Premium content
Monday 21 March 2016
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
An inquest has confirmed that Lingi Hafoka (52) died from electrocution at his home in Ta’anga, ‘Eua on Thursday night, 17 March.
Node is premium Premium content
Friday 18 March 2016
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
A 52-year-old man is believed to have died from electrocution at Ta’anga on ‘Eua on Thursday night, 17 March.
1 comment
Node is premium Premium content
Wednesday 16 March 2016
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Mele Lausiva Felemi Manu (41), a teacher, died after she was electrocuted outside her home when she unplugged a power extension cord at Tupou College, Toloa on Tuesday morning 15 March.
Node is premium Premium content
Wednesday 28 October 2015
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
A 3 year-old-boy who touched a faulty mobile phone charger, died from electrocution on Saturday, 24 October 2015.
Node is premium Premium content
Thursday 8 January 2015
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Two people have died and two more have serious injuries after being hit by vehicles at Ma'ufanga and Hihifo Road, while one woman was electrocuted after touching a wire at her home in Kolomotu'a, in the first week of the New Year.
Node is premium Premium content
Tuesday 4 March 2014
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
The threat of death by electrocution during flooding in Tongatapu’s heavily-populated areas was a concern during Tropical Cyclone Kofi over the weekend, March 1-2, as Tonga’s National Emergency Management Office pointed out that the power was not shut down in inundated areas.
Node is premium Premium content
Tuesday 5 February 2013
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Sioeli Vakataumai Havea (27) of Fasi died on Monday, February 4 after it is believed he was electrocuted by a low power-line that he touched while walking on Laifone Road, beside the Royal Tombs in central Nuku'alofa.
Node is premium Premium content