Request For Expressions Of Interest
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES
TFSU CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
PACIFIC AVIATION INVESTMENT PROGRAM (PAIP)
(TAL/ICS/D12.3 & D12.4)
This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in dgMarket online 26th July 2011 and published Issue no 804, 16th August 2011 and re-advertised 30th March 2015.
The Government of Tonga (GoT) is currently implementing the Pacific Aviation Investment Program (PAIP), supported by the World Bank. The project’s implementing Entity is Tonga Airports Limited (TAL), with project implementation support from the Technical and Fiduciary Services Unit (TFSU). TAL now intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for the Contract – Consulting Services – TFSU Contract Management Specialist.
The PAIP Program is a regional aviation project with the development objective to provide safe and secure air transport operations and environmentally sustainable and efficient airports and is being implemented in five (5) Pacific Island countries: Tonga, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Samoa and Vanuatu.
TAL now seeks two TFSU Contract Management Specialists to provide technical support to the TFSU and to each participating country to support effective project implementation on an as needed basis.
A detailed description of the requirements of the position is included in the Terms of Reference (TOR). You may download a copy of the TOR from following link: http://taip.to/contracts/procurement-tenders
The assignment commence as soon as possible o/a March 2018 over 9 months period, on a Task Order basis. An Indefinite Delivery Contract will be signed in which both parties will agree on a unit daily fee rate fixed for the duration of the contract.
TAL now invites interested and eligible persons to provide their Expression of Interest consisting of a:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- list of 3 references with relevant contract details, and
- Statement addressing the Selection Criteria contained within the TOR, demonstrating that they possess the relevant qualifications and experience to perform the services.
The consultant will have but not limited to:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in areas such as project or contract management, engineering, or other relevant discipline from a recognized institution; or equivalent professional experience in the aviation sector;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a project or contract management role;
- Proven experience in managing multi-faceted projects with diverse stakeholders and tight timelines and the ability to work independently and with stakeholders as required;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English, networking and coordination skills, including high-level report-writing skills;
- Willingness to travel at short notice for intense in-country periods of several weeks at a time
- Experience with donor funded projects and knowledge of the Pacific Aviation Sector will be an advantage.
Qualified and suitable candidates may be interviewed prior to negotiating a Contract.
A firm is eligible to nominate an individual – however, note that only the experience and qualifications of the nominated individual shall be used in the selection process, and that (their) corporate experience shall not be taken into account. The firm, if proposing an individual must specify whether the contract would be signed with the firm or the proposed individual.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, which can be accessed at www.worldbank.org/procure.
Please submit your Expression of Interest details to the address below no later than 15th February 2018. Email submissions will be accepted.
Your Submission should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for TFSU Contract Management Specialist, Contract Reference Number TAL/ICS/D12.3 & 12.4”
Attention: Ms Pua Latu
Physical Address: PAIP TFSU Project Office, Ground Floor, TAL Building, Poutaha, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Email Address: platu [at] paiptfsu [dot] com