Invitation for Bids
TONGA AVIATION INVESTMENT PROJECT
Project ID No./ Grant No. P128939/ H743-TO
Contract Title: Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): TAL/ICBW/A-A17.2A, B & C
1. The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga Aviation Investment Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract Refurbishment of the Fua’amotu International Airport Terminal, Tonga.
2. The Tonga Airports Limited now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of Works for the Refurbishment of the Fua’amotu International Airport Terminal
3. Main Qualification Requirements
- Cash Flow USD 730,000
- Average Annual Construction Turnover US$ 3.4 M for the last Five years
- 5 years of General Construction Experience starting 1st January 2017
- Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience: 3 contracts, each of minimum value US$1.5 million
- Minimum of one contract for refurbishment of the terminal in a fully operational international airport.
- Occupational health and safety management system is compliant with OHSAS 18000 (http://certificationeurope.com/ohsas-18000-health-safety-managment-stand...) or equivalent, acceptable to the Employer.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers , and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Mr Manase Vaoahi, email: mvaoahi [at] paiptfsu [dot] com
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English will be made available electronically free of charge upon request to Manase Vaoahi at mvaoahi [at] paiptfsu [dot] com.
7. Pre-bid conference and Site visit will be organized on January 5, 2018.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 29 January 2018 at 10:00 AM Tonga Time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 29 January 2018 at 10:00 AM Tonga Time.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as follows: USD 34,000.
10. The address referred to above is:
PAIP TFSU Project Office
Attn: Mr Henry Aho
Tonga Airports Limited, Ground Floor, Poutaha, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Tel: +676 27 620