Kingdom of Tonga
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
|Name of Project:||Tonga Climate Resilience Transport Project (TCRTP)|
|Loan No./ Credit No./ Grant No.:||N/A|
|Assignment Title:||Feasibility Study, Detail Engineering Design and Construction Supervision of Tongatapu and Outer Island Roads Works in Tonga|
The Government of Tonga intends to apply for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga Climate Resilience Transport Project (TCRTP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Part One: Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design for the Asphalt Concrete Pavement Overlay for 28.5Kms of Asphalt Concrete Roads in Tongatapu,
- Part Two: Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design for Selected Main & Outer Islands Roads (176Kms) in Tonga, and
- Part Three: Construction Supervision of Selected Roads Packaged from Part 2 of the assignment estimated at 100Kms.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below
The Ministry of Infrastructure (MOI) is the implementing agency now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least 10 years’ experience as a consulting firm undertaking roads/highways engineering designs, contracts management and supervision;
- At least 3 similar assignments in the last 5 years, with detailed description of the services;
- Range of qualified staff in the field of Highway Engineering Design, Asphalt Pavement Designs & Analysis, Road Construction Supervision, Road Safety Audits, Road Drainage Design, Contracts Management, Environmental & Social Impact Assessments; and
- Experience of similar work in Developing Countries or Small Island Communities. Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations (World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0830 to 1630 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by e-mail by December 11, 2017 and should be clearly marked: “MOI/TCRTP/CF-07 – Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design and Construction Supervision Tongatapu and Outer Island Road Works in Tonga”.
Ministry of Infrastructure
Attn: Sila Va’Enuku, Procurement Officer TSCP/TCIRCRP
P.O. Box 52, Nuku’alofa Tonga, Bypass Road, Vaololoa, Nuku’alofa
Tel: +676 22 712
E-mail: svaEnuku [at] tscp [dot] to