KINGDOM OF TONGA
INVITATION FOR BIDS
TONGA AVIATION INVESTMENT PROJECT (TAIP) PROJECT ID: P128939
Procurement of Physical Works for the Air Traffic Control Tower, Fua’amotu International Airport, Tonga
Reference No. TAL/ICBW/A-A41
The Government of the Kingdom of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Tonga Aviation Investment Project (TAIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract(s) for the Procurement of Physical Works for the Air Traffic Control Tower, Fua’amotu International Airport, Tonga.
The Tonga Airports Limited now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of Physical Works for Air Traffic Control Tower, Fua’amotu International Airport, Tonga.
Main Qualification Requirements
• 5 years of General Construction Experience starting 1st January 2012
• Cash Flow USD1m
• Average Annual Construction Turnover USD8m for the last five years
• Minimum of three (3 No.) contracts each of minimum value USD3m
• Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience: Minimumof one (1 No.) contract involving ATCT construction in a fully operational international airport.
• Occupational health and safety management system is compliant with OHSAS 18000 (http://certificationeurope.com/ohsas-18000-health-safety-management- standards/) or equivalent, acceptable to the Employer.
Margin of preference is not applicable.
Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A complete set of bidding documents in English will be made available electronically free of charge upon request to TFSU Procurement Officer, Henry Aho at haho [at] paiptfsu [dot] com.
A Pre-bid conference is scheduled in Fua’amotu, Tonga on 17 November 2017.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD117,000
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11:00hrs (Tonga Time), 8 December, 2017. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyonewho chooses to attend at the address below at 11:00hrs (Tonga Time), 8 December 2017.;
PAIP TFSU Project Office Tonga Airports Limited, Ground Floor, TAL Building, Poutaha, Nuku’alofa, Kingdom of Tonga