MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Request for Expressions of Interest
TEUFAIVA STADIUM ATHLETIC TRACK
Assignment Title: Teufaiva Stadium Athletic Track Renewal Design and Build Project.
Reference No. MIAPROC16/17/089
The Contracting Entity acting on behalf of the Ministry of Internal Affairs has received funding from the Government, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
Teufaiva Stadium is the only international sports facility in the Kingdom of Tonga, and it is twenty years now since the last rehabilitation. It hosted international and local rugby games and also local intercollege sports competition.
Government of Tonga is promoting healthy life for our people and we are developing sportsmanship and wish to participate an international sports competition.
To extend Teufaiva Stadium Athletic Track.
2. Scope of services
The International and National Contractor will be responsible for carrying out detailed structural design for the renewal of the existing track.
The scope of services consists of, but not limited to the following:
- demolition of the lighting towers and bury the foundations
- removal of the existing track surface the addition of two lanes on the outside of the track and one lane along the 100m, extension of the 100m track, extension to the inner part of the track to accommodate the pole vault
- resurfacing the entire track to comply with IAAF class II certification
- construction of new run-ups and jump pits
- refurbishment of the steeplechase water feature
- construction of new throwing circle for shot put, discus and hammer
- installation of a new fence around the track
- installation of a lighting solution to be able to host the night events
3. Design Loadings
The design shall be in accordance with the Tonga Building Control Act and with the appropriate Australian and New Zealand Standards. The following loadings shall apply:
- a) Dead and Live Load to AS 1170.1
- b) Wind Load to AS 1170.2 with Vu = 70m/s
- c) Earthquake load to AS 1170.4-1993 with acceleration co-efficient, a = 0.25
The Contracting Entity now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required minimum qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are:
- a) the consultant’s relevant experience for the assignment,
- b) the quality of the methodology proposed,
- c) the qualifications of the key staff proposed, and
- d) transfer of knowledge, if required in the TOR.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Time Based Method set out in the Public Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 16:30.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 17 November 2017.
Mr. Mosese S Fatukala
Ministry of Finance and National Planning
St George Palace
mfatukala [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to