TONGA CABLE LIMITED
Chief Executive Officer
Tonga Cable Limited (TCL) seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experience individuals who wish to be considered for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for Tonga Cable Ltd.
Tonga Cable Limited is a public enterprise that owns and manages the fibre optic cable system between Tonga and Fiji and has embarked on construction of domestic cable to Ha’apai and Vava’u and provides wholesale capacity as well as other services to its clients.
The CEO as head of Tonga Cable Ltd is responsible to the Board of Directors for managing and leading the TCL in all aspects of its strategic and commercial operations.
This post is suitable for candidates who have the requisite qualifications, experience and are hardworking, honest, reliable, committed, and willing to work as a team at all times.
Key responsibilities of CEO include but not limited to:
- To direct and manage all aspects of the operation of TCL and to ensure efficient running of the Company.
- To grow the business and provide high quality capacity and associated services to meet the needs of clients.
- To devise and formulate the Budget, Strategic Plan and Business Plans for TCL.
- To manage TCL’s relationship in all matters with its corporate and business customers and relevant government and non-government statutory entities or associations to ensure that TCL’s views are communicated and statutory reporting requirements are met expeditiously.
- To ensure that TCL operations are managed in accordance with the objectives and requirements contained in the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Act and Public Enterprises Act and the Company’s Share Holders Agreement.
- To be the leader and proactive participating member of the management team.
- A degree from a recognised University in a relevant Technology, Science or IT Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience in a Senior Management level.
- Strong background and work experience in ICT.
- Leadership qualities and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Wide knowledge and experience in areas of management, finance, and engineering.
- Commercial awareness and strong negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the concept and matters related to submarine fibre optic cable and communication companies.
The remuneration package will be determined based on Remuneration Authority’s recommendation and qualification of the applicant.
Applications along with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of testimonials must be sent to the address given below at the latest by 3:00PM on Tuesday 7th November 2017.
TCL Board of Directors,
TCL Building, Sopu
P.O Box 33,
KINGDOM OF TONGA
Email: ceo [at] tongacable [dot] to