TFSU PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
Pacific Aviation Investment Program (PAIP)
Job Reference: TAL/TFSU/D32.2
TAL is currently implementing the Pacific Aviation Investment Program (PAIP) for Tonga, Tuvalu, Kiribati and Samoa, and this is being managed within TAL by the Technical and Fiduciary Services Unit (TFSU).
The PAIP TFSU has an opening for a skilled, motivated and committed person who is interested in working and contributing to the development of Aviation in the Kingdom of Tonga. We are seeking people with a high drive for results, demonstrable teamwork, good self-awareness and self-regulation.
Length of Assignment:
TFSU Project Accountant, Full-time based in Tonga
To commence as soon as possible for 12 months period
TOP43,000 – TOP53,750 per annum based on qualifications and experience of candidate
Technical and Fiduciary Services Unit (TFSU)
Mr Solomone Latu, Finance Manager, PAIP TFSU
Purpose of the post:
The TFSU Project Accountant is a junior level role within the TFSU and will be responsible for day to day financial transactions under the Tonga project, as well as some of the support and oversight functions for the other countries, under the direction of the TFSU Finance Manager.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognized institution in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience, of at least two (2) years, over the previous three (3) years, in hands-on financial or accounting roles
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel or other financial management tools
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail
- Previous experience in World Bank funded projects and accounting/disbursement systems therein
- Must be willing to travel to other PAIP countries from time to time
Interested candidates may also download the TERMS of REFERENCE here: http://www.tongaairports.com/about/pacific-aviation-investment-program/tender-vacancy/
Applications must be received at the address below by Monday 16th October 2017. Email submissions will be accepted with attachments no more than 3MG. Your Application should be clearly marked – “Expression of Interest for PAIP TFSU PROJECT ACCOUNTANT ref no: TAL/TFSU/D32.2.
Attention: Ms Pua Latu, email: platu [at] paiptfsu [dot] com (platu [at] paiptfsu [dot] com)
Address: PAIP TFSU Project Office, Ground Level, TAL Building, Poutaha, Nuku’alofa, Tonga