TONGA ASSET MANAGERS & ASSOCIATES LTD (TAMA)
JOB VACANCY - ACCOUNTANT
Tonga Asset Managers & Associates Limited is a public enterprise responsible for the establishing of industrial estate to facilitate the growth of light and small scale industries within the Kingdom.
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of Accountant with the Tonga Asset Managers & Associates Limited (TAMA). This is a senior accounting role. The Accountant will be reporting to the CEO and will have a reporting role on day-to-day financial matters, and direct to the CEO. The Accountant will also preparing the financial reports and assist in the development, and ongoing management of budgets of the TAMA entire business plan. With his/her experience and excellent financial and planning skills, the Accountant will be capable of driving the Company’s IT and change management agenda. The Accountant will assist the CEO to deliver robust, accurate accounting services that guarantee the integrity of all financial information relative to Tonga Asset Managers & Associates Limited (TAMA).
As an Accountant, you will:
- Be experienced, preferably more than 7+ years experience in financial and management accounting in a corporate environment.
- Possess tertiary qualifications in Finance/Accounting/IT, a CPA qualification will be an advantage.
- Manage accounting and monitor accounts of Tonga Asset Managers & Associates Limited.
- Understand computer based financial management and reporting systems.
- Knowledge and practical experiences on MYOB & Quickbook would be an advantage.
- Reporting to CEO.
For further information, please contact our Management Office on 21-880/23-880 or email tamal [dot] sic [at] gmail [dot] com. Please submit your application (a cover letter) in English expressing your interest in the proposed work, enclosing your Resume, certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, three references and one of them from current work supervisor or Manager. An attractive salary will be on offer to the right/successful candidate.
Applications must be submitted by close of business on Friday, 27th October 2017 to the above email address, or deliver direct to our main office at Small Industries Center, Ma’ufanga, marked “VACANCY” and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Tonga Asset Managers & Associates Limited
P.O. Box 382
Applicants that are considered will be interviewed.
The Accountant will be directly responsible to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tonga Asset Managers & Associates Ltd and will be overseeing the operation of the Financial Services of TAMA who will be required the undertake the following duties;
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly Financial Reports according to the IFRS/IAS, together with necessary analysis, notes, clarifications, and recommendations, to meet a time frame set by CEO.
- Prepare and closely monitor the Annual Budget, which must include a Forecast Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, and Capital Budget.
- Initiate Budget review where and when necessary, and will include necessary government taxes, procurement assessment etc.
- Continuous review Cash Flow forecasts to accommodate all necessary factors accurately.
- Prepare, manage, and monitor the Fixed Asset Register Book, which must be updated monthly to accommodate monthly Fixed Assets procurement (capitalization).
- Prepare, manage, and monitor a Superannuation Fund Scheme for TAMA and ensure that it is carried out according to the approve scheme.
- Assist CEO in preparation of TAMA Business Plan.
- Manage the general administration procedures of the TAMA to ensure adhering to Policy.
- Continuous assessment of the financial implications of TAMA Business Plans.
- Prepare, implement, and manage an annual action plan for the Division to be approved by CEO before the beginning of each financial year to ensure effectiveness.
- Oversee and manage the financial position of TAMA within Statutory and Management requirements to achieve expected outputs.
- Provide high level advice to Management on financial matters.
- Prepare and implement necessary accounting procedures, internal controls, and policies.
- Prepare the Annual Audit Accounts, with all necessary Financial Statements and clarifications required by Auditors (IFRS/IAS), and oversee satisfactory completion of the Audit process.
- Authorize payment orders, approve reconciliations, journal entries adjustments, & purchase orders, and counter sign on cheque payments when CEO is absent.
- Manage & close monitor of Creditors to take advantage on any available benefit & to ensure financial outstanding commitments are settled effectively.
- Supervise all aspects on internal accounts.
- Review profitability of products/services provided and prepare funding proposals.
- Perform any other work require by the CEO and the Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants are required to have a degree in Finance and Management or other relevant fields. Work experience will be an advantage especially in finance and accounts. Applicants are also required to be computer literate and can speak and write English and Tongan fluently. He or she is required to be part of the top management team and high level of commitment is required from the applicant.