Vice-Chancellor and President
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is one of only two pan-regional universities in the world serving the Pacific Islands region through its 14 campuses in 12 member countries. USP is a modern, forward-looking, multi-modal institution with over 27,000 registered students of whom around 16,000 are full time. The University is at the forefront of technology driven services and growth, as well as development-oriented consultancy and training throughout the region.
The University is seeking to recruit a well-qualified and dynamic leader with visionary flare, personal leadership and management skills. The position will become vacant from 1 January 2019.
The Vice-Chancellor and President is the CEO of the University and its academic and administrative leader, reporting directly to the University Council. This is a unique opportunity to lead the University to become the region’s leading tertiary institution, recognised internationally for education innovation and quality research that are relevant to the challenges and development of Pacific Island nations.
The Vice-Chancellor and President is responsible for:
- Strategic leadership, driving the formulation and implementation of USP’s Strategic Plan
- Enhancing the profile and reputation of USP, with ethical leadership and transparency
- Developing an environment conducive to innovation and academic excellence
- Establishing strong and mutually supportive relationships with member governments, development partners and other regional organisations and securing external research funding.
The person we seek will have:
- A proven record of outstanding leadership, strategic planning and management experience in an academic or professional career
- Appropriate postgraduate qualifications and achievements at a professional academic standard or equivalent
- Financial experience and expertise and commercial competence demonstrated through successful management in a large educational or other relevant organisation
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, research and community service as well as to academic values and institutional integrity
- Vision, energy, diplomacy skills and the ability to deliver the highest quality of performance and leadership under demanding circumstances
- Personal integrity and ethical standards in all interpersonal and business dealings
The University also contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, and provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate. The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Further Details: Role descriptions and further details are available on the Maxumise Facebook page or www.maxumise.com/jobs
Contact: Sharlyn Singh +679 330 3137; info [at] maxumisefiji [dot] com
How to Apply: For online submission, click on or paste into your browser, the following URL: http://app.hrmonise.com/job/usp/VC&P or,
Email applications with the subject ‘Vice Chancellor and President, USP' P [at] maxumisefiji [dot] com">USPVC&P [at] maxumisefiji [dot] com
Closing Date: Monday 25th September, 2017