REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Assignment Title: Seasonal Workers Program Liaison Officers for Queensland and Victoria, Australia.
Reference No. MIAPROC16-17/066
The Contracting Entity acting on behalf of the Ministry of Internal Affairs has received funding from the Government and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) is to provide pastoral care services to the Tongan seasonal workers; liaise with approved employers when required; market Tonga’s work ready pool and the labour sending services provided by the Ministry of Internal Affairs to potential approved employers within the region; maintain positive and transparent relationship with the existing approved employers and Tongan seasonal workers; and report, investigate and track absconders and work closely with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and appropriate authorities.
The Contracting Entity now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required minimum qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Detailed information on the types of services, requirements for this consulting service will be outlined in the Terms of Reference.
The short-listing criteria are:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both Tongan and English.
- Tertiary qualifications related to data collection and analysis or similar
- 2 years relevant experience in a related field working with seasonal workers or in the horticulture industry.
- Experience in skills transfer activities such as providing short term training and counselling services.
- Must be able to deal with politically and culturally sensitive issues and highly capable of developing problem solving skills.
- Familiar with current legislation in Australia relating to the seasonal workers’ programme including employment rights, taxation, immigration laws, criminal offences, etc.
- Able to conduct field work outside normal hours if necessary and to undertake duties which requires substantial travel to remote farm areas.
- Must be able to provide program leadership and professional direction within a small but relatively complex environment.
- Demonstrate liaising and networking abilities to establish strong working relationships with Government agencies, employees, community, and industry stakeholders.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the method set out in the Public Procurement Regulations 2015.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 13 July 2017 at 12.00pm (noon) Tongan time.
Ms. Christine Lopeti
Email: clatu [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to (clatu [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to)
Central Procurement Unit of the Ministry of Finance and National Planning
TDB Building 2nd floor opposite Ministry of Survey
Fatafehi Road, Nuku’alofa, Tonga.