Ministry of Infrastructure
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consulting Services - Selection of a Consulting Firm
Detailed Design (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Quantities) for Safety Improvement Works in
Ohonua 'Eua Nafanua Port and Pangai Ha’apai Taufa’ahau Port.
Tonga Transport Sector Consolidation Project Additional Financing (TSCP AF)
Contract Ref. MOI/AF-MPD/CF-B06
1. The Government of Tonga has received Additional Financing (AF) toward the Tonga Transport Sector Consolidation Project (TSCP), from the International Development Association (IDA), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this fund to payments under the Contract for Consulting Services for Detailed Design (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Quantities) for Safety Improvement Works in Ohonua 'Eua Nafanua Port and Pangai Ha’apai Taufa’ahau Port.
2. The Ministry of Infrastructure (MOI) is currently implementing the TSCP, funded by the World Bank, to consolidate the various transport related functions and responsibilities of the sector. The project focuses on the three key sectors of the MOI: aviation, maritime, and land transport, as well as on establishing the overarching organizational and legislative framework for the ministry as a whole. The closing date for the project is 30th June 2018.
3. The MOI, the Implementing Agency for the TSCP, now invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified Consultants (firms), including information on your experience and competence relevant to the following services to be provided;
4. Scope of work: The main objective of the assignment is to provide the Detailed Design (specifications, drawings and priced bill of quantities), ready to be incorporated into tender documentation, for the following Immediate Works to be carried out on Nafanua Port, ‘Ohonua, ‘Eua, and on Taufa’ahau Port, Pangai, Ha’apai, based on the scope of works described in the report of the Consultant for the Maritime Safety Assessment. A detailed description of the requirements of the assignment is included in the Terms of Reference (TOR) and any additional information and documents necessary, can be requested by email to Sila Va’Enuku at svaEnuku [at] tscp [dot] to.
5. Interested firms should fulfill the following qualification criteria:
- At least 10 years in the business of design, including port or wharf structures.
- At least 3 similar assignments in the last five years, with detailed description of the services
- Qualified personnel as per TOR to carry out the assignment
- Experience of work in small islands countries
6. The Consultant will be selected based on “Selection Based on Consultant’ Qualifications” (CQS) in accordance with the “Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011 and revised July 2014, which can be accessed at www.worldbank.org/procure. Consultants are encouraged to get familiar with the intended selection method before submitting responses to the REOI.
7. Expressions of Interest, including documents requested on the above requirements may be delivered electronically in files less than 3Meg, or delivered to the address below on or before Tuesday 5 July 2017 and should be clearly marked: MOI/AF-MPD/CF-B03 “Detailed Design (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Quantities) for Safety Improvement Works in Ohonua 'Eua Nafanua Port and Pangai Ha’apai Taufa’ahau Port”.
8. Address for submission of Expression of Interest:
Attention: Sila Va’Enuku
Email: svaEnuku [at] tscp [dot] to
Address: Ministry of Infrastructure, Bypass Road, Vaololoa, Nuku’alofa Tonga.
9. Given the small size and budget this assignment is primarily intended for a national firm or foreign firm based in Tonga.