The USP is a regional university, supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries. The University seeks to recruit an outstanding, well-qualified, experienced and dynamic scholar and academic leader who will be responsible for providing leadership to the Solomon Islands Campus. The Campus includes Faculties of Arts, Law and Education, Business and Economics, Science, Technology and Environment as well as the Pacific Technical and Further Education Programme and the Pacific Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development Programme.
PRO VICE-CHANCELLOR, PROFESSOR AND HEAD OF SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH – UNIVERSITY OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC, SOLOMON ISLANDS
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (PVC) is a new position. It requires someone who will provide both academic and administrative leadership and represent the Vice-Chancellor as the University’s representative in liaising with the Government of Solomon Islands and key stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to successfully combine the two roles to drive organisational results in line with the University’s strategic goals.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor will be responsible to:
- Coordinate and prepare the campus academic plan in line with the Strategic Plan 2013 – 2018
- Oversee the Campus Academic Plan, programmes and courses optimising access to flexible learning
- Promote and articulate the University’s Vision and Mission, with ethical leadership and transparency
- Represent the campus and university to stakeholders
- Coordinate an environment conducive to promoting academic excellence
- Ensure the formulation of key performance indicators for academic programmes
- Ensure full engagement working with the government to identify research and development needs, including securing external research funding
- Work with faculties, supporting accreditation for all programmes offered at the Campus.
The person we seek will have a PhD in Public Health and significant teaching and research accomplishments to support a professorial appointment at a level commensurate with the role of Pro Vice-Chancellor. The successful applicant will also demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of project, budget and financial management
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Experience of flexible learning and innovative pedagogies
- A demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of staff hiring procedures; ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
The University will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful applicant. The University also contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, and provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate. The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
- Further Details: Role descriptions and further details are available on the Maxumise Facebook page or www.maxumise.com/jobs
- Contact: Sharlyn Singh +679 330 3137; info [at] maxumisefiji [dot] com
- How to Apply: For online submission, click on, or paste into your browser, the following URL: http://app.hrmonise.com/job/usp/pvc-solomonislands or, email applications with the subject “Pro Vice Chancellor Solomon Islands Campus” to uspsolomonisjobs [at] maxumisefiji [dot] com
- Closing Date: Sunday 2nd July, 2017