Ministry Of Infrastructure
Transport Sector Consolidation Project (TCSP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (JOB VACANCY)
(Consulting Services - Individual Consultant)
RE-ADVERTISE TRANSPORT POLICY AND PLANNING ADVISER
Contract Reference Number: MOI/AF-PPD/IC-C18
The Ministry of Infrastructure (MOI) is currently implementing the Tonga Transport Sector Consolidation Project (TSCP), supported by the World Bank, to consolidate the various transport related functions and responsibilities of the sector. The project focuses on the three key sectors of the MOI: aviation, maritime, and land transport, as well as on establishing the overarching organizational and legislative framework for the ministry as a whole.
The MOI now invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) and CVs from qualified and eligible Individual Consultants, including information on your experience and competence relevant to the following services to be provided: policy and planning advice to MOI on its strategic, regulatory and policy making roles to:
- ensure that the transport network and infrastructure in Tonga satisfy future demands for the public and private sectors;
- is sustainable, safe and environmentally sound;
- serve to enhance trade facilitation; and
- to design and implement what the MOI is required to achieved under the TSDFII and NIIP.
Interested consultants are encouraged to review the details by requesting an electronic copy of the TOR from the address below.
The consultant must have a minimum qualification and experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Policy Making and Planning, Management or any relevant discipline or in lieu a degree on another field plus 10 year as practitioner in the relevant field.
- At least ten years of experience in developing or working with Transport Sector Strategies and Transport Sector Policy Frameworks.
- At least three samples of similar assignments (candidate to specify the samples in the EOI) in the last 10 years.
- Experience of work for countries with conditions similar to that of Tonga
The Consultant will be selected based on the procedures for Selection of Individual Consultants specified in the World Bank Guidelines Selection and Employment of Consultant Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrower, January 2011 and revised January 2014, which can be accessed at http://web.worldbank.org/procure
Expressions of Interest must be received by email at the address below by 4:00pm on April 26, 2017 and should be clearly marked “MOI/AF-PPD/IC-C18” “EOI for Transport Policy and Planning Adviser”
Address for inquires and submission of Expression of Interest:
Attention: Sila Va’Enuku
TSCP/TCIRCRP Procurement Officer
Email: svaEnuku [at] tscp [dot] to
Address: Ministry of Infrastructure, Nuku’alofa, Tonga