Request For Expressions Of Interest
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST – PERIODIC
PACIFIC AVIATION INVESTMENT PROGRAM (PAIP)
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES
This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in dgMarket online 26th July 2011 and published Issue no 804, 16th August 2011 and re-advertised 30th March 2015.
Tonga Airports Ltd (TAL) is currently implementing the Pacific Aviation Investment Program (PAIP) for Tonga, Tuvalu Kiribati, Samoa and Vanuatu, and this is being managed within TAL by the Technical and Fiduciary Services Unit (TFSU). The PAIP Program is a regional aviation project with the development objective to provide safe and secure air transport operations and environmentally sustainable and efficient airports in the five (5) countries.
PAIP now seeks a Periodic Procurement Specialist to provide operational procurement services, advice, and support to the TFSU and PAIP/PASO stakeholders, and to undertake procurement of all facets of PAIP/PASO investments, following World Bank Procurement Guidelines for Goods, Works, Services and Non-Consulting Services.
A detailed description of the requirements of the position is included in the Terms of Reference (TOR). You may download a copy of the TOR from the following link: Tonga Airports Limited
It is anticipated that this role requires up to 100 days input starting as soon as possible over a 12 month peroid. The Consultant will be providing services from her/his home-base with visits to PAIP countries as required.
PAIP now invites interested and eligible persons to provide their Expression of Interest consisting of a:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- list of 3 references with relevant contract details; and
- Statement addressing the Selection Criteria contained within the TOR, demonstrating that they possess the relevant qualifications and experience to perform the services.
The consultant will have but not limited to:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognized institution in a relevant discipline, for example, law, procurement, engineering, architecture, commerce.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated previous experience in the Procurement of Goods, Works and Services following World Bank guidelines in at least 3 developing countries.
- Current knowledge in concepts, principles and practices which govern international procurement, the contracting of consultant services, technical specifications in design, engineering and construction of facilities, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in a developing country context, including experience in training and on-the-job mentoring.
- Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, negotiating and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
Qualified and suitable candidates may be interviewed prior to negotiating a Contract.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, which can be accessed at www.worldbank.org/procure.
Please submit your Expression of Interest details to the address below no later than 2nd March 2017. Email submissions will be accepted. Your Submission should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for PAIP Periodic Procurement Specialist, Contract Reference Number TAL/TFSU/D44.4”
Attention: Ms Pua Latu
Physical Address: PAIP TFSU Project Office, Ground Floor, TAL Building, Poutaha, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Email Address: platu [at] paiptfsu [dot] com