Ministry Of Infrastructure
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - (Consulting Services - Individual Consultant)
Consolidation of lessons learnt from post-cyclone housing reconstruction policies, drafting of the new housing reconstruction policy for Tonga (International Consultant)
Tonga Cyclone Ian Reconstruction and Climate Resilience Project (TCIRCRP)
Re-Advertisement Contract Reference Number: MOI/TCIRCRP/CON26
The Ministry of Infrastructure (MOI) of Tonga is currently implementing the Tonga Cyclone Ian Reconstruction and Climate Resilience Project (TCIRCRP), supported by the World Bank, to restore housing, community facilities and basic services to the affected population of Ha’apai and strengthen the country’s resilience to natural disasters.
The Ministry of Infrastructure (MOI) of Tonga in its role of the Implementing Agency for the TCIRCRP, now invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) and CVs from qualified and eligible Individual Consultants, including information on your experience and competence relevant to the following services to be provided: Consolidation of lessons learnt from post-cyclone housing reconstruction policies, drafting of the new housing reconstruction policy for Tonga. The objectives of the assignment are:
- To consolidate and document in one publication the lessons learnt from the housing reconstruction policies from reconstruction projects that the World Bank has been involved in the Kingdom of Tonga since Cyclone Waka in 2001.
- Reflecting on these lessons learnt, draft housing reconstruction policies to prepare for future events that may require housing reconstruction by the Government of Tonga. The output should have the quality that makes it ready for it to be presented to the cabinet.
Interested consultants are encouraged to review the details by requesting an electronic copy of the TOR (including TOR for Contract MOI/TCIRCRP/CON23) from the address below.
The consultant must have a minimum qualification and experience:
- a degree in social development, social protection, engineering or construction related disciplines or similar qualifications from a recognized university or other relevant and recognised academic/professional qualifications;
- excellent track record (10+ years) in developing housing reconstruction policy for post-disaster situations in developing countries; and
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in drafting legal/policy documents related to building construction. Preferable if experienced in developing country.
The Consultant also will preferably have the following demonstrated personal attributes:
- good communication skills;
- management and leadership skills; and
- good organizational skills.
The Consultant will be selected based on the procedures for Selection of Individual Consultants specified in the World Bank Guidelines Selection and Employment of Consultant Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrower, January 2011, which can be found at http://web.worldbank.org/.
Expressions of Interest must be received by email at the address below by 4:00pm on February 28, 2017 and should be clearly marked “Consolidation of lessons learnt from post-cyclone housing reconstruction policies, drafting of the new housing reconstruction policy for Tonga” Contract MOI/TCIRCRP/CON26”
Address for inquires and submission of Expression of Interest:
Attention: Sila VaEnuku
TCIRCRP and TSCP Procurement Officer
Email: svaEnuku [at] tscp [dot] to
Address: Ministry of Infrastructure, Nuku’alofa, Tonga