A Trade and Investment Promotion Forum Festa was officiated yesterday morning, 21 May by the President of the Republic of Palau, the co-Chair of the seventh Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting (PALM) at JETRO Tokyo, in Japan.
The Pacific Islands Festa was formally opened with the ribbon cutting by Pacific Islands leaders, and officials,
- HE Tommy E. Remengesau, Jr., President of the Republic of Palau,
- HE Mr Daishiro Yamagiwa, State Minister of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- HE Mr Kazuyuki Naane, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Dame Meg Taylor, DBE, Secretary General of the Pacific Islands Forum PIF
- Prof. Izumi Kobayashi, President, Japan Pacific Islands Association JAPIA
- Mr Kasuyoshi Ogawa, Director, Pacific Islands Centre PIC
- Mr Hiroyuki Ishige, Chairman and CEO, JETRO.
The Pacific Islands Festa featured products from some of the 14 Pacific Islands countries whose leaders are gathering in Tokyo for PALM 7 to be held at Iwaki City, Fukushima from 22-24 May.
Nonu juice from Tonga was displayed by Kantaro Oishi. A representative of a Japanese company displayed of Heilala Vanilla, that uses vanilla grown in Vava’u.
Tonga’s delegation includes the Chief Secretary and Secretary to Cabinet Dr Palenitina Langa’oi, Foreign Affairs Secretary Va’inga Tone, Director of the National Emergency Management Office (NEMO) Leveni ‘Aho ,and Tonga’s Ambassador to Japan HE Tania Tupou (Head of Mission to Palm 7).